3 New Host Jobs Available Now at Impact Hub Boulder!
*beautiful photo credit, Impact Hub Oakland. Thank you!
Impact Hub Boulder is hiring! Come work with us and our vibrant co-working community in the heart of downtown Boulder. How much luckier could you get?
There are three host positions open, and two are part time. All amazing extraordinary candidates please email cover letter & resumes asap to Shannon@impacthubboulder.com. Full job descriptions are listed below. We can’t wait to hear from you!
HOST at Impact Hub Boulder
Part-time; hiring for two openings
Become a Host at one of the most inspiring work communities in Boulder, make valuable connections, receive mentorship and build your career.
Impact Hub Boulder is a downtown Boulder co-working space serving social entrepreneurs, progressive business leaders, non-profits and change-makers. Hosts are core to the success of Impact Hub Boulder, and their responsibilities are similar to a high-end business concierge. Hosts are responsible for creating and maintaining a healthy and productive work environment for the members, facilitating connections, greeting and assisting visitors, providing excellent customer service, and are held accountable for best in class space care.
Hosts open and close the space, greet members and visitors and are the first and last point of connection during a members’ stay. Hosts will also represent Impact Hub Boulder to the broader community when we host events, at external gatherings, and virtually, on the Internet.
We seek applicants who will maximize positive impact, have an upbeat and vibrant attitude, good self-awareness, a charitable mindset, optimism, trust and a long-term view of success. We believe in enlightened hospitality so applicants must have a passion for the service industry and an always enthusiastic outlook that will lead them toward creative interactions with our members.
As a Host at Impact Hub Boulder, you will have a unique opportunity to:
- Be compensated for your time while you learn, evolve and grow your network
- Interact with, support and learn from our (400+ and growing) members
- Receive ongoing mentorship and support
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, business leaders, consultants and other leading change-makers in Boulder
- Receive exposure to learning opportunities through events, our events, and individual connections
- Collaborate with high-impact leaders to support their work
- Experience working in an agile, growing, data-driven organization
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Facilities management; ensure members have clean, healthy, functional working environment, including:
- Open and close the co-working space
- Maintaining cleanliness and order in the workspace, kitchen, conference rooms and other co working areas
- Tech / AV support (e.g. connecting to the wi-fi, printing, connecting a computer to a monitor, etc.)
- Member service, which includes:
- Greeting and welcoming members
- Answering direct questions about using the space
- Learning about members’ needs and connecting them with other individuals
- Processing all incoming requests from members
- Membership sales and prospect conversion
Secondary Responsibilities Include
- Member on-boarding
- Event support, to include set-up, registration, staffing and re-setting the space after events
- Support to senior staff
Key Skills Include
- Exceptional customer service mentality
- Experience in working at a service-based, retail-oriented business (restaurant, coffee shop, hotel, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to empower and support our members to reach their full potential
- Anticipation of the day’s events to prepare spaces for smooth flow of activities
- Comfort and facility with simple technology (A/V, computers, wifi, printers, etc.)
- Strong sense of aesthetics, design and flow
- Warm and friendly personality
- Ability to stay positive during challenging and/or busy situations
The Host position is a part-time, hourly position at $14/hour. In addition to financial compensation, this position offers significant opportunity to build a professional career path, learn about entrepreneurship, receive valuable mentorship throughout your tenure, connect with a network of business owners and learn from and engage with a community of change-makers. Associates or Bachelor Degree required.
The Lead Host at HUB Boulder is a full time position. The Lead Host is primarily responsible for cultivating the space for collaboration, and curates the culture, atmosphere and spirit; helping members realize their ideas, business, and impact on society. Hosting is a core qualitative differentiator between HUB and other communities and spaces, in Boulder, as well as around the world, and creates the unique environment and community within which our business thrives. This is a rare opportunity for someone with a mix of detail-oriented business capacity and strong empathic, coaching and teaching qualities. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- tracking systems, membership databases, and ongoing analytics related to membership, space care and event sales.
- help members connect with one another to find the resources they need for their businesses
- nurturing, enhancing and evolving HUB Boulder culture
- make members feel welcome and cared for in a dynamic work environment
- set behavioral tone for community, and enforce code of conduct
- create and hold space for innovation, productivity and excellence
- connect with the broader change-making community, recruiting new members, and expanding the resource base for existing members
- create interventions, including events, introductions and discussions, which help members realize their goals
- host 3 – 8 events a week, coordinating resources, staff, etc
- attend community events, and learn about community organizations, and build partnership
- managing virtual community activity, including HUB Boulder media assets & HUB Global network relationships
- manage all marketing and communications, physical, digital, others (in partnership with Managing Director)
- build network of sponsors that directly relate to member benefits
- participate in ongoing refinement of business strategy, service provision and product development
Key Skills Include
- exceptional service mindset
- emotionally intelligent and comfortable with a broad spectrum of social situations
- managing Host staff and interns
- oversee social and digital media facility
- intuitive sense of community’s health and well-being; focus on creating vibrant and engaged community
- excellent relational skills
- manage catering and outside event vendors
- ability to handle occasionally challenging interpersonal relations with charm and diplomacy
- ability to anticipate a busy schedule, and prepare spaces for transition from one function to another
- strong sense of aesthetics, design and flow of managing spaces